ECQWP doesn't rollup...correctly.....

Jul 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Hi Ishaisagi,

I am using ECQWP to display document library docs from all the sites of the same site collections. All thsese doc lib are using content types. It works fine. Great solution!
Questions:
1) When I want to move this webpart from Dev to Test, what will be the best approach for deploying it to the Test? I have manually added it to the GAC and copied the required style sheets. Now with this, in order for the roll-up of the content across the libraries to apprear in test environment, it requires that we open the" Modify Shared WebPart" , change the settings for the query and then change it back to the original settings for the original settings and query to work.  Any solution on this or am I doing anything wrong here? please guide.

2) I have now added an additional document library under one of the site which is using the same content types as others. I have tested the entire flow through in development and doc gets loaded successfully into this library but doesn't appear inthe ECQWP roll-up. In other words, the library has the default content type as other libraries have & this is the same as the query in the ECQWP. What will be the issue here?

Please guide.
 Thanks,
Maulee Vadi

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 4:36 AM
  1. the content query web part does not play well with redeployment. it stores too many things as ID (guids). that is one reason I stopped developing it and focused on developing alternatives.
  2. does a content query web part pick up on the changes, or is this a problem with the ECQWP?
Jul 23, 2008 at 12:36 PM

1. I am using ECQWP and it give issuses described above with deployment.

2.Yes, it is a problem with ECQWP. I am using code from codeplex. 

Please guide.
Thanks,
Maulee