Webpart installs fine, but doesn't display context menu

Apr 15, 2008 at 10:39 PM
Hi everyone,

First off, thanks isahisagi for a great webpart and to all on the discussion forum for answers. Here's my problem:

After deploying the webpart to the farm, i had to manually populate the webpart via site webparts gallery -> add new.
The webpart showed up fine and can pull documents from another library, but shows them just as links without the drop-down context menu. I have enabled the context menu in webpart options.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
May 8, 2008 at 6:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Would really appreciate if someone can point out what I may have done wrong in implemneting this webpart.

Thanks.
May 20, 2008 at 12:50 PM
Hi Ishisagi,

I am facing the same problem. I deploy the webpart and it showed up fine but all the documents appeared as links instead of drop-down context menu. I too have enabled context menu in webpart options.

Please advice.

Thanks.
May 20, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hi Everyone,

I worked around ECQWP & succeeded to display context menu.
What I did was create a folder named "ECQWP XSL Style Sheets" under the Style Library folder of my site with SharePoint Designer. I then copied those 2 files into this folder and checked them in as a published main version. I then proceeded to add the reference to these 2 files in the webpart (under "Main XSL Link" and "Items XSL Link").

It Works great! & Looks great!

The strings are:
/Site Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPMain.xslt
/Site Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt
/Site Library/XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt

Amazing creation ..............Cheers to Ishisagi....

Thanks a lot.

mauleevadi wrote:
Hi Ishisagi,

I am facing the same problem. I deploy the webpart and it showed up fine but all the documents appeared as links instead of drop-down context menu. I too have enabled context menu in webpart options.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2008 at 1:56 AM
most probably you didnt set the item style to use the context menu item style. try that.

mauleevadi wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I worked around ECQWP & succeeded to display context menu.
What I did was create a folder named "ECQWP XSL Style Sheets" under the Style Library folder of my site with SharePoint Designer. I then copied those 2 files into this folder and checked them in as a published main version. I then proceeded to add the reference to these 2 files in the webpart (under "Main XSL Link" and "Items XSL Link").

It Works great! & Looks great!

The strings are:
/Site Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPMain.xslt
/Site Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt
/Site Library/XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt

Amazing creation ..............Cheers to Ishisagi....

Thanks a lot.

mauleevadi wrote:
Hi Ishisagi,

Please advice.

Thanks.

Mar 5, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Edited Mar 5, 2009 at 4:48 PM
Is there some reason I can't uncheck Force Checkouts for Documents?  I uncheck it, and if I go back into the settings its checked again.  Grrr.
May 5, 2009 at 12:09 PM
I am facing the same problem. Every thing is ok. All xsl files are in ECQWP XSL Style Sheets folder.
my site are a team site and I activated all of it's publishing features.
CQWP work well But ECQWP doesn't work.