Some list content types cannot be displayed

Nov 28, 2007 at 2:57 PM
Hi,

I installed the ECQWP and it works great to show an overview of tasks, documents and so forth of a bunch of subsites.

However, it doens't seem to work in a particular case for me and it is the following.

I created a bunch of subsites beneath a top-level site using one of the 40 fantastic WSS templates. It is the template to track multiple projects.
This templates contains a list which has as content type 'Project Issue' which has as parent content type 'Item'.
I am not able to display the contence of these lists using the ECQWP. The content type isn't selectable neither in the drop down list if I choose list content types in the query part of the ECQWP. In the list type in the query part of the ECQWP it isn't appearing neither. How can I display the contence of such lists?
Jan 9, 2008 at 7:24 AM
This is interesting for me too. I'd like to query 'discussions' library.
Jan 9, 2008 at 11:11 AM
Hi,

I found the solution in the mean time for this: the problem is that in the 40 fantastic templates, a lot of content types are added to the group _Hidden. As such, they are not selectable in the ECQWP or CQWP (which has the same problem).
To fix this: modify the xml of those content types in the features hive.
Most of them can be found in the tsatypes hive.
Change the group from _Hidden to another group.

An example:
<!-- Reservation -->
<ContentType ID="0x01005D991708656A4C64AD394B3E31D4CC2001"
Name="$Resources:rer,Reservation_CTName;"
Group="$Resources:core,List_Content_Types;"
Description="$Resources:rer,Reservation_CTDesc;"
Version="0">

Next deactivate and re-activate this feature. You can use this script for it:
echo off
@set PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN;%PATH%
@if "%1"=="" (goto invalidParameters)
stsadm -o deactivatefeature -filename "tsatypes\feature.xml" -url %1
stsadm -o activatefeature -filename "tsatypes\feature.xml" -url %1
iisreset
@goto endOfBatch

:invalidParameters
@echo Please call with the correct parameters.
@echo The correct syntax of this command is:
@echo tsatypes siteurl

:endOfBatch

Afterwards, these content types become selectable in the ECQWP and the CQWP.
Jan 12, 2008 at 7:45 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM
Thanks Patrik, but I've recognized my problem is of a different type (sorry for originally posting here). I need to query 'Discussion board' list which contains 'Discussion' and 'Message' content types. They are both available for selection in CQWP and ECQWP. But this does not help because something corresponding is missing in 'List type' drop-down. Choosing 'Custom list' does not work neither.

update

I found the root of my problem. The discussion board I want to query is located on a sub-site, but both CQWP and ECQWP looks for list types in the root site only! (I think it is undesirable behaviour). My root site did not have 'Team Collaboration Lists' feature enabled, so there was 'Discussion board' (and many more) list type missing.

update 2

I'd also like to have an option to query for 'all list types' (just as we can filter 'all content types' now).