Adding Common Fieleds to the ECQWP

Sep 29, 2007 at 8:11 AM
Hi Ishay,
First, 10X for this wonderful Web Part.
I have a problem trying to add some custom fileds in the "Common fields" section of the ECQWP.
To be more specific, i try to aggregate all the items of "content type"=Tasks and Show the "Title", the "status" and a "version" field (which is a Custom field that i added to "task" content type) in the web part.
However, whatever i do, i keep getting only the task "Title" and "last modified" fileds in the web part.
I have tried modifying the CommonViewFields in almost every possible way, but it still doesn't work.
Any insight on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated
Thanks and Shalom,
Yuval Tal
Coordinator
Oct 3, 2007 at 1:05 AM
Yuval,
It is not enough to add to the web part properties - that just tells the web part to read those properties, but not to display them. To configure the display you have to edit the xslt files the web part is attached to (see the properties for the links)

yuvaltech wrote:
Hi Ishay,
First, 10X for this wonderful Web Part.
I have a problem trying to add some custom fileds in the "Common fields" section of the ECQWP.
To be more specific, i try to aggregate all the items of "content type"=Tasks and Show the "Title", the "status" and a "version" field (which is a Custom field that i added to "task" content type) in the web part.
However, whatever i do, i keep getting only the task "Title" and "last modified" fileds in the web part.
I have tried modifying the CommonViewFields in almost every possible way, but it still doesn't work.
Any insight on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated
Thanks and Shalom,
Yuval Tal

Nov 27, 2007 at 4:08 PM
Hi yuvaltech,

did you manage to achieve this? I am trying to achieve exactly the same.
I am able to display the Author field by adapting the .xslt file as suggested by ishaisagi, but I am not able to display the Status or Priority field to name a few.

I added following to the ECQWPItems.xslt to display the Author. Replacing @Author by @Priority or @Status doesn't display these fields though.
</TD>
<TD Class="ms-vb2">
<xsl:value-of disable-output-escaping="no" select="ddwrt:FormatDate(string(@Modified), 3081, 5)" />
</TD>
<td class="ms-vb2">
<xsl:value-of select="@Author" />
</td>