ECQWP - use name instead of title (for doc lib)

Sep 5, 2007 at 8:47 PM
Greetings,
I have dl'ed and installed the ECQWP and so far like what it has to offer. What I can't seem to figure out is how to (when querying a document library) display the name of the document itself and not the title that is derived from the document properties.

I have tried modifying the CommonViewFields property using Name and a variety of types (my guess is "File" but I have also tried text, DisplayOnly, Notes, and some others) and this has not worked.

I realize the title can be modified manually for what I need but it tends to get overlooked and results in a default which often is not an indicator of what the document actually contains.

Any insight on displaying the filename, instead of the title, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kathryn
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2007 at 12:16 AM
The ECQWP, like its parent the CQWP requires you to change the XSLT if you want to change the look and feel like you are asking for. The properties you have changed only change what is brought back from the search - not what is actually displayed. The display is controled by the XSLT files.
Oct 19, 2007 at 12:40 PM

ishaisagi wrote:
The ECQWP, like its parent the CQWP requires you to change the XSLT if you want to change the look and feel like you are asking for. The properties you have changed only change what is brought back from the search - not what is actually displayed. The display is controled by the XSLT files.

Thanks for the feedback, I understand that (sorry, I should have been more clear in my post). Note that the problem that remains is that I don't know (and can't find) what type to indicate in the CommonViewFields property, so that I can reference the filename field in the XSLT. The title has thus far been easy, as has other fields that I have needed to reference, but I can't figure out what field name and type to set for the file name.

If you have any guidance in that regard it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Kathryn
Coordinator
Oct 21, 2007 at 11:13 PM
check out http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa981241.aspx - it has a list.