Installation problems

Jul 27, 2007 at 11:57 PM
First off, thanks for your sharing of this solution, definatley a required solution in most deployments.


I believe in the last post install problems were resolved with a newer release, so I am starting a new thread appologize in advance if not.

I was able to download the solution and install on my MOSS 2007 server farm (1 front end web server and 1 db server)

I used the install .bat file to install and deploy. This went through without a hitch. After verifying that the solution was deployed, I added the webpart and recieve the following message:

"Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator."

I tried to edit the webpart from the drop down box on the page and get the following error:

Could not load XSL file. The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

After recieving this message I decided to export the webpart and verify that all xslt pointers were correct. They seem to all be pointing to style library /Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/

I verified that the 2 files were located in this directory, but manually attempted to re-point to the files and re-import the webpart back onto the page. Unfortunatley same issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.


Best Regards



G-note3
Jul 30, 2007 at 3:51 PM
I experienced the same problem. It appears like something goes wrong during the deployment.

However, I managed to solve this by manually replacing the XSL files (download them from the source code and overwrite by using Sharepoint Designer).
Jul 30, 2007 at 4:00 PM
tarjeil,

Thanks alot for the assistance, that worked for me as well, I had to copy over the two files and then publish and all worked like a charm. The webpart is great thanks!!
Aug 6, 2007 at 11:21 AM
I have expierienced the exact same issue as amoisant...

Having deployed and activated the solution I was unable to use the ECQWP receiving errors detailed above.

To resolve I did the following:
Manually created a folder named "ECQWP XSL Style Sheets" in the Style library of the root collection
Added ECQWPItems.xslt and ECQWPMain.xslt to the folder
Checked in a published the new files

And now the web part works fine :-)
Mar 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM
I am having the same problem. However, when I overwrite the xslt files it does not fix the error. Any other ideas?

thanks.
Jul 23, 2010 at 4:43 AM

I had the same problem. I tried fixing it with re-creating the folder and also the XSLT files, but it didn't work. It turns out what was causing the problem for me was that I was trying to add the web part to a different site collection than the one in the root. Adding it to the root worked, adding it to a different site collection didn't. The web part was pointing to XSLT files located at /Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/, but my styles were all located at /sites/[site collection name]/Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/.

So what I did was export the web part, open it in an editor (e.g. Notepad), and changed the following entries:

<property name="HeaderXslLink" type="string">/Style Library/XSL Style Sheets/Header.xsl</property>
<property name="ItemXslLink" type="string">/Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt</property>
<property name="MainXslLink" type="string">/Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPMain.xslt</property>

to

<property name="HeaderXslLink" type="string">/sites/[site collection name]/Style Library/XSL Style Sheets/Header.xsl</property>
<property name="ItemXslLink" type="string">/sites/[site collection name]/Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPItems.xslt</property>
<property name="MainXslLink" type="string">/sites/[site collection name]/Style Library/ECQWP XSL Style Sheets/ECQWPMain.xslt</property>

There's probably a better way of fixing these links in the source code itself, but I don't know how to do that.

Hope this helps.