Displaying document icon

Jul 5, 2007 at 2:21 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the grt project.But i am facing some issues using it in my code.
I have done all the steps as specified in your installation document,but still no images are appearing.
When i see a Content Query webpart,a blank image appears in front of each of the documents,and on mouseover of document it gives a javascript error list Template is null.When i digged into the problem i found that ItemIconUrl is not getting set,and its coming blank always.
I have tried both by using the dll provided or by using the source code dll.
Please do let me know if there is some other configuration has to be done, other than specified in Installment guide.

Thanks.
Amit
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 1:34 AM
Amit,
1. icons will only be shown if you use my webpart, and not the out of the box one from microsoft.
2. Can you switch to the "showxml" view and see if you are getting the iconurl in the xml?
3. As I mentioned in another discussion, I am planning a new release soon - when I can connect my laptop to the internet at home. That version will hopefully have a better documentation, easy deployment and will solve most problems in the current version.
Jul 6, 2007 at 4:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.
I am not being able to see your webpart in webpart gallery,even after deploying the dll in assembly.
I have tried importing a seprate dwp file,but it failed to import it as the dll is not regarded as safe.I have done all the enteries including safe controls entry in web.config.I am even not able to see the webpart in webpart gallery.
I have made quiet a few custom webparts earlier and they always appeared in webpart gallery whenever deployed in assembly.

Am i doing something wrong in deployment?

Thanks
Amit
Coordinator
Jul 6, 2007 at 6:59 AM
Amit,
Most probably a mistake in deploying.
Can you tell me where you put the dll? can you tell me what you put in the web.config? can you tell me how do you know you put it in the right web.config?

tutejaamit5 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for quick reply.
I am not being able to see your webpart in webpart gallery,even after deploying the dll in assembly.
I have tried importing a seprate dwp file,but it failed to import it as the dll is not regarded as safe.I have done all the enteries including safe controls entry in web.config.I am even not able to see the webpart in webpart gallery.
I have made quiet a few custom webparts earlier and they always appeared in webpart gallery whenever deployed in assembly.

Am i doing something wrong in deployment?

Thanks
Amit

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2007 at 10:38 AM
Hi,

Thanks the problem was with web.config and i have sorted it out.

Thanks
Amit
Nov 2, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hi tutejaamit5, Do you have any installation steps you can share for the ECQWP? I jsut need a help on how to successfully deploy nad activate this webpart. Thanks

tutejaamit5 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks the problem was with web.config and i have sorted it out.

Thanks
Amit