Changes to the source..

Jul 2, 2007 at 11:07 AM
Hi.

I'm having trouble building from the source, I get the following error message in Sharepoint:
----------
...appears to be causing a problem. Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "SharepointTips.WebParts.Scripts.ScriptResource.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly...
----------

I've encountered this both while building directly from the distributed source, and when creating a new webpart project with the VS2005 extensions and copying the source code into appropriate files (as far as I could see). Anyway, I encountered it either way.

The reason I'd like to build from the source is that I need to make a minor adjustment, it might not be the source of my issue, but I think the ModerationStatus isn't properly implemented.. (always comes out as 0 in the datarow). Anyway, my context menu doesn't work properly, so I'm comparing html source from a working doclib and the ECQWP.

Caution: I'm not very experienced in SharePoint, so bear with me if I appear inexeperienced..
Jul 2, 2007 at 4:01 PM
Okay, disregard my previous post.. Spent some time reading around and it was my lack of knowledge regarding resources in C#/Visual Studio/other (choose the one that fits) that procured my error.

Now comes the next question, is my case a special one or do the context menus as of Beta 1.3 not work properly? For example I had problems:
  • Opening a document for editing in i.e. Word/Visio etc..
  • Checking in our out a document..

Didn't really test much more, but some things worked liked sending a link via e-mail..

However, as far as I found out, the problem with the context menu came from wrong values in both (or one of, not completely sure) the ContextScript part and the table attributes (the table that displays the context menu per item) (Url especially), and especially that escape characters like %5F were used instead of '/' and more.

I've (at least I think so) improved the ContextScript part (resources) and fixed my problems in the table attributes. The next step for me is to include more ListItem properties in the ListItemWrapper, because I need this for my project. I'm trying to create a document rollup with as similar features and look as possible to a normal document library.

And in that context, if you have any quick tips as how to edit the filter/query and sort order programatically during runtime, I'd appreciate it (I'd love it even!). I will also work on adding normal list style headers (with sorting functionality hopefully).

And now, if I understand the license correctly, I'm not obliged to, but if you like drop me a line if you're interested in the details of my work. I know it's not groundbreaking or anything, but it was at least for me an improvement.

I might be back!
-- Mario

And btw, I encountered problems in these forums with javascript turned on, couldn't post or anything (both in Opera and IE)..
Coordinator
Jul 2, 2007 at 10:33 PM
Mario,
You are totaly correct- I have a problem there and it is probably the url and the encoding. I am trying to find when it happens - I think it works when the file is in the same site as the web part, but not when its from another site. I hope to chase it down today.

Please let me know how you improved the context script - any help would be useful here. Do you want to be added to this project as a developer?
Jul 3, 2007 at 6:39 AM
I also tried to think of when it happened, but found it quicker to just fix it.. The problem for me however will be that when new "special" characters are introduced, my xsl will not handle them.. Got to work on that later I guess.

You can add me as a developer if you like, but I cannot promise anything about how much I can contribute.. I'm only at this job as a summer intern, and will only work on this SharePoint project half of this summer, and probably wont continue after that.. Anyway, I'll try to keep you posted on what I do..

With the context script I just added more fields, and I guess if you do add me as a developer, it'll be easier to share my work with you as I presume I can upload files somewhere.. Only the context script (or especially?) is quite a few lines that I'd like to share if I give you comments etc..
Jul 3, 2007 at 8:17 AM
I also tried to think of when it happened, but found it quicker to just fix it.. The problem for me however will be that when new "special" characters are introduced, my xsl will not handle them.. Got to work on that later I guess.

You can add me as a developer if you like, but I cannot promise anything about how much I can contribute.. I'm only at this job as a summer intern, and will only work on this SharePoint project half of this summer, and probably wont continue after that.. Anyway, I'll try to keep you posted on what I do..

With the context script I just added more fields, and I guess if you do add me as a developer, it'll be easier to share my work with you as I presume I can upload files somewhere.. Only the context script (or especially?) is quite a few lines that I'd like to share if I give you comments etc..
Coordinator
Jul 5, 2007 at 4:23 AM
Don't fret - I found the problem and fixed it. new updates will come soon (I cannot connect with this machine to TFS, and my internet connection at home dropped to dial up because of overuse).

The new version will be with new namespace (under the CKS project) and will have a WSP for deployment! Sadly though I didn't find a way to deploy xslt files yet. I am thinking of adding an xslt file for items as a resource to this web part, and link to it in the properties.

developerx wrote:

Jul 5, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Ok, I'll guess I'll have to see if I can incorporate the fix into my source, as I've made a few adjustements now..

Mostly it's added properties/datarow.columns that I need for my module, and I'm currently working quite extensively on the xslt, trying to make it look'n'feel like a document library with a few more columns..

I'm on a break now though, the next tasks will be adding column headers (quite easy I think) and implementing sorting and filtering capabilites (per user) (not as easy I'm afraid, but we'll see..). I'll start working on it again some time after mid-july..